Dear Single Parent,
I’m writing this letter to you in appreciation of everything you do. Male or female, you have stepped up to the task, and decided that no matter what, you are going to raise your child to the best of your ability. So despite what society tells you, and despite how frustrated you can become, please know that there is someone out here in the world that really sees you, and sees your efforts, and applauds everything you do!
I have to admit that it angers me to see you all out in public, alone, doing everything by yourselves, because this is not a one-person job. This job was meant for 2 people…..an equal split. But for whatever reason, it didn’t happen that way, and here you are, doing the best you can……just to stay SANE. Please know that I see you going to work, and working very HARD, just to make sure that the baby can have a nice birthday party, or that new game system, since he/she has been so good lately, or even just providing the bare necessities. I see you going to the soccer games, basketball games, gymnastics, traveling baseball league games, all while keeping a smile on your face. I see you cooking, cleaning, helping with homework, driving car pool, and doing the last minute Science Fair Projects…..I see you!
I see you taking care of an infant, and being so frustrated, you just want to cry because this is NOT the way you planned it, and damn sure wasn’t what was promised! But nevertheless, you stand, be still, and do what you have to do for your baby. I see you loving your child unconditionally, and not really understanding how anyone could turn away a baby as beautiful as yours? I see you getting up in the middle of the night, with the colic, and the stomach viruses, and the I-just-don’t-want-to-sleep times. I see you trying to make a dollar stretch as much as possible, just so the baby can have the BEST of everything, even when it means settling for less (or nothing) for yourself. I see you!
I see the days when it hurts so bad, you just want to bust the windows out his car, or roll up on her and her new dude, and just start some ish. But you don’t….because you think about the baby, and you don’t want them to see you in that light. I see you crying in the midnight hour, because you just can’t take it anymore, you just can’t do it anymore, and yet, God sees fit to get you through to another day. I see how badly you are in need of a “Girls Night Out” or “Boys Only Night”, but instead, you rent the latest cartoon, and watch with the baby. I see you making plans for the baby’s future, and really getting excited about going broke on their college education
But most importantly, I see you loving your child as only a parent could…..I see you being grateful that God has blessed you with a most special task….parenthood. I see you crying tears of joy, because God has blessed you with a heart of forgiveness towards the other parent. I see you rearing your child in the ways of God, because that is what is commanded of you. I see you being proud to be their parent, because there is no other child on this earth like yours. But most importantly, please know….God sees you, and so do I.
This is dedicated to single parents, past, present, and future…….
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment