Monday, December 27, 2010

Revelations

AND so here it is….the final days of 2010. As I look back over the last year, never in a million years could I have predicted how 2010 would end…..but I can't say that I would change anything. My character is being enriched, my skin is being tightened, and most importantly, God is at the forefront of my life. But as I look over the last few years, I realize that I've been holding myself back. I've gotten far too comfortable with my current surroundings…..I should have left Podunk-ville, USA about 2 years ago. But I didn't…out of fear…fear of the unknown…fear of starting over, and just plain fear of being alone. So instead, I stayed…I made the best of things, and then watched several trials and tribulations come my way…I thought it was a test by God, but now I see clearly that it was my "Get the HELL out of here" wake up call! I never, EVER wanted to come here….when I got my job offer, I actually cried because my heart longed for New York, NY or Atlanta, GA. Those were the places that I felt "fit" me….that's where I wanted to be…not in Podunk-ville. But who would have guessed that I would have found a family here, a church that I love dearly, and peace of mind…even through the worst experiences of my life….I had a home here.

But now, I see things for what they are. I've out-grown this pond, and it's time for me to move on…it's time for me to step out once again, and see what ELSE God has in store for me. As much as it will hurt to leave what I am comfortable with, I have to seek what I am longing for. So that is my goal…..to spend this final year in Podunkville, and then off to Atlanta, GA. I know a lot of folks might say, "why wait a whole year?". Well, I'm actually ready NOW, LOL, but I want to make sure I do this with God's direction and blessings, so that it may be a blessing to me, versus a struggle. I want to make sure that every loose end is forever tied up, that every lesson that I must learn here is learned and never repeated! I want to drive (or fly for those that know how much i HATE road trips…LOL) into ATL, with a calm mind….with absolutely NO REGRETS or questions about if this is the right move for me.

I also realize that I have 3 people that I am responsible for. My Grands and my Nanny. Since my mother passed, it's been hard for me to know that I'm so far from them….if something should ever happen, I want to know that I'm within an hour's flight of getting to their side….I want to be close enough to make surprise trips to take my Paw Paw to a Saint's game, and to walk through the local Wally with my Maw Maw and Nanny. I guess this is all apart of growing and maturing. I want them to know that I'm there and available at a moment's notice.

I'm going to be entering the LAST year of my 20s very soon…..I want it to be EPIC….I want it to be the best year to date….Wish me luck!

ATL BOUND SHAWTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment