Monday, December 26, 2011

Countdown To 30

It’s been SO LONG since I updated my blog. I’m ashamed of myself…and I apologize to those that read and support it. Well, I’M BACK! I hope ya’ll had a great Christmas!!! Mine was….exactly what I thought it would be and none of what I expected. Another blog, another time!

Anywhoo, my 30th birthday is FASTLY APPROACHING, and I am BEYOND excited…let’s just say, I’m ECSTATIC about entering a new decade. Although I’m grateful for my life, my 20’s were such a treacherous and tormented time in my life. Too many life lessons, reality checks, disappointment….and that was just 26! LOL. My 30s have GOT to be better…I’m not settling for anything else! I’ve been preparing for my birthday for a while now, because I want my mentality to be different. Each year, since I can remember, I’ve focused on 2 things around my birthday: Getting a man, and losing weight….that’s it. For shame and how dreadful! Not that these aren’t good things to focus on, I realized that I lost ME. I wasn’t focusing on how I can make Theryl the very best she can be, I was focusing on making me better for someone to choose me. Again, For shame!!! Where was I in this equation? So if I finally did get “chose” and lost weight, then what? Was that all that I had to offer? And who wants a partner that doesn’t have anything else going on but body issues and man issues?? Yep, NOBODY!

But this upcoming year, The Year of the 30, is going to be totally different (Tamar Braxton Voice.) My focus is on God (putting him absolutely first, at all times, regardless of what I face), and being directed to a better me. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, I want more! I want to be the person that I seek in a mate, and if I’m honest with myself, I’m not there yet. I want to enjoy being me, and enjoy building me. I don’t want to be wrapped up in “is this the one?”, and “is he thinking about me”…that’s them 20’s and we off that! LOL. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying I don’t want to be married…oh no, I absolutely do. What I’m doing now is called preparation. I’m preparing myself to be whole, complete, and ready for that blessing. I respect the sanctity of marriage far too much to disrespect it by asking for what I’m not prepared to give.

So how am I preparing? I’m dating myself….I’m focusing all my energy on me, and peeling back all my layers, getting rid of all the junk, and putting more good stuff in. I’m finally getting rid of this unwanted weight. I’m letting go all of the things that weigh me down, including me! As I’ve said in previous blog entries, I’ve fought this physical me fight for a LONG TIME. I’m sick and damn tired of it! I need to free up this mental space to focus on something else. I’ve removed all of the excuses, the low self-esteem, the laziness, and I’m just DOING IT. And I’m not waiting on the year to turn, or an hour to come before I start…I’m doing it NOW. Stay tuned….

No comments:

Post a Comment