Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It Is Well

It’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to post a blog. I’ve written some, just didn’t feel the need to post them…writing is my release, so sometimes, I just need to let it out, and then I feel better. LOL. Other times, I feel like what I’m going through will help someone, so I post it. Well I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! Let me first say THANK YOU JESUS, FOR THE REST! I definitely needed some time just to rest my mind and body, so that I can be healthy. Believe it or not, sleep is a key aspect to being or becoming healthy, and I’m not very good about making sure I get enough rest. I’m a night owl, so it’s hard to go to bed early…we’ll see how this works out. Stay tuned.
Initially, when I knew that I was moving to Atlanta, I told myself it would be a year before I began to look for a new church home. Not because I’m against going to church, I just felt like my work/time with my existing church wasn’t over just because I moved away. I’m still very much connected, and intend to keep that relationship alive forever. My purpose for not searching for a church home was that I wanted to make sure my home was in order first. Most times, we forget that serving God doesn’t just happen within the church, but it happens (or should happen) everyday, all day. I wanted to make sure that when I made this transition, that I was doing everything God wanted me to do. Church family is HUGE for me. I’ve been blessed to have 2 in my lifetime, and I’m still very much so attached to them. This is one of the most important relationships you can have…who you fellowship with, and how you fellowship is extremely important to your walk with Christ. I don’t want to be a “church hopper” and just run from church to church. I want God to direct me to a place where he’s prepared them and me for what’s to come.
For the super holy, super church going folk, let’s get this out of the way. Yes, God encourages us to fellowship with each other, to spread the gospel, and to make fishers of men (going to church, ministering to people, etc), but if you read your bibles, you know that this does NOT always happen within the confines of a church. I can minister to a stranger that God leads me to, just as I can be ministered to by a Pastor of a church. I’m not making excuses about not attending church….I know what it does for me and what I gain from it. But what I am saying is that I’m not going to rush an important decision to make myself seem more “Christian” or to be able to say I’m in church every Sunday. Newsflash: Satan is in church every Sunday as well…does that mean he’s any closer to heaven? Just a little food for thought. The decision on where I will fellowship is not one I will make in haste, and I continue to pray for guidance on where I will be served and where I can serve.
My biggest challenge in my prayers is not allowing my trust issues to interfere with receiving the word of God. There are very FEW people that obtain my trust, especially when it comes to feeding me spiritually. Yes, I know it’s not the man, but the God that resides in the man, but as a man, you are wrapped in flesh, just as I, and face the same, if not MORE temptation. I see a lot of shepherds making poor decisions concerning their flock, and it’s scary. My previous and current Pastors have made it very hard for me to move forward, and I’m ok with that….LOL. I trust that they will make Godly decisions for themselves, their families, and their flock. I know that they are human, and will not always make the right choice, but I trust that they love God enough to always make things right with him. Now you might say that it was just a matter of me getting to know them that led me to feel this way, but it was not. My first Pastor knew me before I knew me…LOL, and my current pastor, there was just something in his spirit that allowed me to immediately see God working through him and on him. God led me to my church, and I haven’t had a single regret. Why would I not trust him to lead me to another church, IN HIS TIMING? I’ve learned that this walk doesn’t have copy-cat instructions…the same rules don’t always apply to everyone’s journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment